The High Cost of Stress and How it Impacts You
“When people are under chronic stress, they tend to smoke, drink, use drugs and overeat to help cope. These behaviors trigger a biological cascade that helps prevent depression, but they also contribute to a host of physical problems that eventually contribute to early death.”
~ Rick Nauert, PhD, National Institute of Mental Health, 5/2010
At Miracle Healing Hideaway, we believe it is crucial to focus on prevention. Changing unwholesome behaviours can substantially improve one’s health. Our Employee Burnout Healing Centre allows employees to recharge and find their optimal work-life balance.
Burnout is increasing as companies, competing with cheap labour supplies from other countries, push employees to produce more in shorter time frames. This is the new normal in the workplace.
Among the 2012 findings:
- 63% say they have high levels of stress at work, with extreme fatigue and feeling out of control.
- 39% cite the workload as the top cause of stress.
- 53% take frequent “stress breaks” at work to talk with others
- 36% say they just work harder.
- 46% Almost half, cite stress and personal relationship issues as the most common reason for absences, ahead of medical reasons or care-giving responsibilities.
- Stress and stress leave costs U.S. businesses roughly $300 billion a year as a result of absenteeism, reduced productivity levels, and employee turnover (Doubled in the last ten years)
At Miracle Healing Hideaway, we have almost 20 years of experience treating the mind, body and soul, using research based information and alternative healthcare practices. Our tools and techniques for optimal wellness and stress reduction include:
- Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy
- Psych-K and Guided Imagery
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Meaning and Energy Field Therapy
- Meditation and Attention Training
- Nutrition and Dietary Information
- Exercise and General Overall Well-being
- Relaxation Response and Stress Management Training
At our Employee Burnout Healing Centre we help improve employee productivity, health and well-being. We work with mental, emotional, relationship and lifestyle difficulties including:
- Employee / Corporate Job Burnout
- Stress Related Disorders
- PTSD / Trauma
- Addictive Behavioral Issues